24 October 2011

Merano

Saturday, we decided to check out Merano, a resort town that's about an hour's drive from Trento.  We slept in (purely by accident, but who's going to argue) and headed out around 11am.  We got there and scouted out a cute little restaurant for a delicious lunch.  I think it must be the "low season" in Merano right now, though the streets were packed with people in the afternoon. We did a little wandering and shopping, went into the church, then decided to hop in the car and check out Tirolo, a little town up the hill from Merano.  There were all kinds of walking paths and castles and nice views from up there.  Tim and Maya opted to walk on back down the hill to Merano (2.7km as the crow flies... who knows how long their windy path was...), while I took the car back down.  I walked partway up to meet them, then we grabbed dinner at a little pizzeria (not very much was open, though the pizzeria was PACKED).  Maya was sacked out in the car before we got on the highway.

Yes those are palm trees. And yes that's a heron.  And, for the record, I took this first picture of Maya.























No comments: