After Cora had a nap and homework was all finished, we headed out together to check out some Roman ruins hidden away underneath a square in the center of the city. We've walked past the entrance to this place dozens of times (which is a kind of nondescript staircase into the ground on the side of Piazza Cesare Battisti), but we've never gone in. It was fascinating. Buried under 1500 years' worth of buildings and dirt, there are well preserved pieces of the original city (called Tridentum)
Below are Tim's photos, which include photos of the kids frolicking (in a controlled fashion) among these ancient ruins.
1 Maya insists that "founded" is not a real word, and we've agreed that I should use "established" instead. I've tried to explain about found being both the past tense of "find" and the present tense of yet a different word, but I've only confused her. She keeps asking (sarcastically), "Was the city already here when they found it?" I shall concede that English has failed us here and use "established" instead.





















No comments:
Post a Comment