Things we missed about the US but didn't realize until we got back:
- Maya's school. It's truly superb. Her Italian kindergarten was also great, but we were quickly reminded as to how thankful we are to have found Bluebonnet.
- NPR
- Potbelly's Farmhouse Salad
- My hair conditioner (though, to be fair, I purchased it in Iceland...)
- Our bed (what do you want me to say? It's a nice bed.)
- Right turn on red
- KGSR
- Amazon (Prime)
- The Y
- [UPDATED] CTAH: Tim missed both working and his co-workers (though they would never hear him admit it...)
- Our puppies
- Our family
- Our friends
- Our clothes dryer
- Our kitchen and everything about it
- [UPDATED] Eating out before 7pm
- Austin traffic. Sigh.
- Poor quality restaurant food.
- Smartphones. I thought I missed my smartphone. I was wrong. Maybe I should get rid of it.
- Stuff. We have a lot of it, and clearly we can do without much of it. We're slowly cleaning out.
- Our friends
- Walking to things from our home
- The food. Seriously.
- The pace of life (though this may have been significantly impacted by the fact that only one of us was working...)
- The huge number of things to do nearby. We're being more deliberate about seeking things out in Austin now.
No comments:
Post a Comment